The Forum on Partnerships and Local Development (FPLD) is the OECD’s network of practitioners in the fields of economic development, employment, skills and social inclusion. In a globalised economy where policies are fragmented and actions are interdependent, effective strategies requires a deep understanding of how policies interact and how different levers can be combined for maximum impact. The Forum aims to build the capacities of stakeholders at all levels to work in partnerships to better tackle current economic and social challenges. It groups partners from national government, local authorities, employment and training agencies, businesses and non-government organisations in exchanging experience on how to achieve cross-cutting goals in times of limited resources.
The Forum aims to:
- Build the capacity of partnership organisations and their members in the design and implementation of local economic and employment development strategies by providing access to structured and comprehensive pool of knowledge on key areas of partnership working.
- Raise awareness of governments on the need to foster an integrated approach to policy and provide guidance on the national framework conditions required to support effective local governance, policy coordination and better outcomes.
- Support international exchange among and between practitioners, policy makers, elected representatives and experts to develop a shared understanding of governance challenges and help them identify solutions suitable to their context.
The objectives are achieved through three axes of work:
- Capacity building for partnerships including seminars, study visits and e-learning.
- Building a knowledge base including thematic handbooks, country fact-sheets on partnership models and a publications database.
- Networking and information exchange through Annual Meetings of the Forum and international events hosted by Forum partners.
WAPES has solely been responsible of the “Innovation in PES” discussion session, mainly focusing PESs as conductors of labour markets. The session will be moderated by Ms Lenka KINT, Executive Secretary of WAPES. Panelists will be from PESs of Turkey, Croatia, Phillippines and France .
The OECD LEED Forum on Partnerships and Local Development is led by the OECD LEED Programme with the support of Pobal (Ireland), the Australian National Employment Services Association (NESA), the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SALAR-SLK), the World Association of Public Employment Services (WAPES) and ESF-Agency Flanders, Belgium.
The link for the forum is: http://www.oecd.org/leed-forum
You may reach the latest version of the agenda through this link:http://www.oecd.org/leed-forum/activities/2016-Draft-agenda-FPLD.pdf