The purpose of our activity is to form a platform with a holistic approach to share the present applications and methods in the field of labour market research and estimation providing future estimation which will facilitate the supply and demand matching of the labour market, which is the main job of PES, organisation of inter-institutional interaction at all levels, experiences, ideas and good practises about interactions with the institutions involved in labour market issues. The results of the studies made will be a guide for actors in struggling with new challenges regarding the labour market.
The conference will focus on three main topics:
1. The role of Market Research in Struggling with Challenges Regarding the Labour Market
Delivering an active public employment service is possible with a true labour market analysis. Within this context, the role of labour market research, which reveals the labour market with its all aspects, in presenting challenges and developing services will be addressed. Under this main title, the following topics will be dealt with:
· The Role of Labour Market Research in forecasting future trends
· The Role of Labour Market Research in policy development
· The Role of Labour Market Research in identifying the main areas of challenge of the labour market
2. Harmonisation of Supply and Demand Research
It is expected to discuss the ways in which countries conduct demand and supply-side research at the national level and how these two aspects are harmonized, if they are carried out by different institutions, and their market responses. This main title will cover the following topics.
· Supply-oriented research
· Demand-oriented research
· Good practices in joint evaluation of research on supply and demand
3. Methodology and Main Axes in Demand-Side Research
In this session, both the methods applied in the field and the main approaches in the analysis phase of the data collected will be discussed in this session. Moreover, the countries’ methods of measuring job vacancies, bottleneck jobs and the current number of employees will be examined. The following issues will be addressed under this main title.
· Evaluating the methodologies used in demand-oriented research.
· Comparing the job vacancy rate calculating models
· Evaluating the processes of determining the vocations and skills needed in job vacancies
· Using Labour Market Research in the formation of policies.
• WAPES representatives, PES member representatives
• National policy makers in the field of employment and labour market information policies
• Representatives of international organizations and NGOs
• To inspire the member delegates to contribute to innovative solutions, strategies and ideas on how to manage PES with new challenges in the labour market and what are the role of labour market research
• To bring input for labour market researches and its methodology via presentations of best practices by PES representatives and external speakers.
• To provide a platform and networking possibilities for established WAPES members, potential new members and key players in the field of labour and employment.
Turkish Employment Agency
+ 90 312 216 38 39
Assistant Employment Expert
Turkish Employment Agency
+ 90 312 216 35 66