- This event has passed.
5th training session for the Employment Counselors (E.C.) of the Public Employment Services (PES) members of AASEP
20 September 2021 - 30 September 2021
“The Employment Advisor and intermediation, the core business of the PES”
at CRADAT Yaoundé – Cameroon.
The main objective of the training session is to reinforce the capacities of the Employment Counsellors in the effective mastery of the mechanisms of intermediation and to develop a common understanding of the effective functioning of the Public Employment Services (PES) whose activities constitute the core business and the evolutions of the labor market. Hence, the importance of improving its mastery in all its facets by the Employment Advisor.
Specifically, the training aims to:
Improve the knowledge of Employment Counsellors about their daily work;
Improve knowledge of the various transformations in the labor market ;
To equip the Employment Counsellors in taking into account the new activities of the profession;
Improve the culture of labor market information and optimize the production and use of resources;
Improve understanding of interactions with new businesses and new forms of intermediation;
Strengthen the sustainability of labor-intensive programs on employment and employability;
Share and explore good practices in employment intermediation.
While taking into account the development of telework and its impact in the internal functioning of the PES as well as in their relations with users and labor market partners, the expected results of the training are :
- the knowledge of Employment Counsellors about their daily work is improved;
- the various transformations of the job market are better mastered;
- Employment Counsellors are better equipped to take into account the new activities of the profession;
- understanding of labor market information culture is improved;
- the production and exploitation of resources are optimized;
- interactions with new businesses and new forms of intermediation are better understood;
- the sustainability of labor-intensive programs on employment and employability are enhanced;
- good practices in employment intermediation are shared and explored;
- The human resources of PES in the African region are improved, as they are equipped with new knowledge and skills to make them more efficient.
This training session is intended for Employment Counsellors (E.C.) of Public Employment Services (PES) members of AASEP, with a maximum of two (2) participants per PES or per country.
The training program and final preparations will be finalized during the Preparatory Committee meeting from August 11 to 13 in Yaoundé.
In addition to the training at the end of September, AASEP, the African Association of Public Employment Services, plans to organize a day of exchange and information between the leaders of member PES. This meeting will allow, among other things, to take stock of the health crisis and its impact on the labor market in the region, especially for PES; to proceed with the restitution of the activities carried out over the past 2 years at the level of AMSEP and the region and the World Congress of AMSEP scheduled for November 29 to December 2, 2021 in Tallinn (Estonia).
For any information, please contact
Mr. Bréhima Noumbary SIDIBE
Head of the Migration Cooperation Department of ANPE Mali and Focal Point to the President of AASEP