Partnership development Manager (F, M, D)
WAPES is an international non-profit association bringing together, on a voluntary basis, 76 Public Employment Services in as many countries. Its administrative headquarters are located in Brussels (Belgium).
The secretariat team is multicultural, consisting of 7 people. The main working languages of the secretariat are French, English and Spanish the 3 official languages of WAPES.
Identify and develop structured and contractual partnerships with the different stakeholders involved in international cooperation to promote employment and economic and social development (multilateral development banks, cooperation organisations, public or private partners, etc.).
The Partnership Development Officer will be responsible for the development of WAPES’ relationships with key players and funders in international cooperation.
They maintain and strengthen existing relationships and seek out new partnerships that can provide resources and funding in particular to develop WAPES activity in its environment.
He/she/they shall interact with the Project Manager, the Communication Manager and the General Services Manager, with whom he/she shall coordinate and ensure the proper implementation of the contractual commitments between WAPES and its partners.
He/she/they will submit to the Managing Board, in collaboration with the Executive Secretariat, the main pillars of the association’s partnership policy.
He/she/they plays an active role in providing the association with the necessary resources and funding to implement the plans and projects of the WAPES multi-year strategy.
Key factors : excellent negotiation and communication skills in a multicultural environment.
- Developing and updating an international actors and institutions mapping
- Mobilisation of external resources / Fundraising
- Building relationships with international institutions
- Creation and management of a network of partners
- Partnership negotiation (agreement, charter, etc.) and follow-up of achievements
- Institutional monitoring (in the framework of active or future relations)
- Delegation and representation of the WAPES Executive Secretariat and more generally of the network during negotiations and in follow-up instances.
Skills and know-how (soft skills)
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Ability to work in a team and network within a multicultural environment
- Mastery of office automation tools as a support to his/her work (database, monitoring tool)
- Understanding and being able to promote WAPES projects
- Monitoring information in your sector
- Ability to lead a network of contacts and partners
- Negotiation skills
- Autonomy and sense of initiative
- Capacity to convey the values, philosophy, and ethics of WAPES
- Native speaker in English, French or Spanish and level C1 (or higher) in at least one of the other languages
- Knowledge of the international cooperation and PES environment
Education & Experience
University Master’s degree in Management, Communication, Marketing, Political Science or related field … + 5 years of experience in partnerships and fundraising preferably in a similar landscape (development banks, EU institutions, etc.)
Location & Working conditions
- Brussels based job with the possibility of teleworking
Frequent travel abroad
- Position in the hierarchy
The Partnership Development Manager is positioned under the authority and accountability of the Executive Secretary.
He/she will coordinate his/her activities in direct link with the Project Manager, the Communication Officer and the General Services Officer.
A salary package consisting of a gross monthly salary in line with our salary scales, as well as luncheon vouchers, assistance insurance for travel abroad, 13th month, double holiday allowance and 100% reimbursement of public transport costs. Business professional mobile
- Term of the contract: permanent contract, full time (38h/week), flexible hours
- How to apply: send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com
- Deadline to apply: February 19, 2023