Project Manager (m, f, d)
WAPES is an international non-profit association bringing together, on a voluntary basis, 76 Public Employment Services in as many countries. Its administrative headquarters are located in Brussels (Belgium).
The secretariat team is multicultural, consisting of 7 people. The main working languages of the secretariat are French, English and Spanish the 3 official languages of WAPES.
- Coordinate the planning, resources, equipment and information required for the various WAPES projects.
- Monitor and follow up on project planning and delivery.
- Provide regular reports to the Executive Secretariat, the Governance Bodies, on projects and funders.
- (Co-)initiate innovative projects that are oriented towards the needs of the WAPES member countries.
The Project manager will be working closely with each project manager to draw up and formalise comprehensive action plans, covering all the relevant activities, resources, deadlines and budgets related to the respective projects.
He/she provides support and advice to project managers.
They will undertake various coordination tasks, such as planning and risk management, as well as administrative tasks, such as updating the documentation related to each project and processing financial applications.
They will, first and foremost, make sure that all projects and deliverables are completed on time, according to agreed deadlines and budget and in line with WAPES contract commitments.
Key factors: Strong time management and communication skills in a multicultural environment.
Soft Skills & knowledge
- Ability to prepare and interpret organizational charts, schedules and action plans
- Strong organizational skills including time management and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong multicultural relationship and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of risk management and internal control
- Working knowledge of project management tools
- Native speaker in English, French or Spanish and minimum level C1 in at least one of the other languages
Training & Experience
- University Master’s degree and/or specific training in management project
- Proven professional experience as a Project/Program Coordinator or in a similar position
- Experience working in a global environment
Workplace and working conditions
- Brussels with telework opportunities
Opportunities for international travel based on operational requirements and project specificities.
A salary package including the gross monthly salary corresponding to our scales, as well as meal vouchers, assistance insurance for travel abroad, a 13th month, a double holiday allowance and 100% reimbursement of public transport costs, business professional mobile.
- Position in the hierarchy
The monitoring and evaluation officer is under the authority and responsibility of the Executive Secretary.
He/she coordinates his/her activities directly with the Partnership Development Manager, the Communications Manager and the General Services Manager. In the absence of the Executive Secretary, he/she is acting as Executive Secretary
- Term of the contract
Permanent contract, full time (38h/week), flexible hours
- How to apply : send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com
- Deadline to apply: February 19, 2023