DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION OF GREEN JOBS, AN OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
December 18 @ 8h00 - December 21 @ 17h00
Call for papers and save the date
AASEP, AGUIPE and WAPES are pleased to invite you to the interregional conference:
DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION OF GREEN JOBS, AN OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT SERVICES .
Conakry, December 18, 19, 20 and 21, 2023
Languages: English and French
It is with great pleasure that WAPES joins forces with AGUIPE and AASEP to invite you to Conakry, Guinea, from December 18 to 21, 2023, to take part in the interregional conference on DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION OF GREEN JOBS, AN OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT SERVICES.
This interregional conference, following on from the work carried out in N’Djamena in 2018, aims to update our main guidelines and the main thrusts of the strategy to be implemented by our PES.
More specifically, the Conference aims to :
– Share sectoral programmes and initiatives (environment, agriculture, energy, tourism) linked to climate change mitigation and adaptation: identify risks and opportunities in terms of activities and jobs, with contributions from the various Guinean ministries involved in these issues.
– Share experiences, partnerships and inter-institutional coordination between PES and partners in promoting green jobs at different territorial levels.
– To set up the process for implementing the Programme for the Development and Promotion of Green Jobs initiated by the Africa region (AASEP 2023 Strategic Orientation) in the form of pilot programmes in AASEP countries.
We would also be delighted to count you among our speakers to provide us with your vision, observations and testimonies on the actions undertaken in favour of the decarbonisation of the economy and the development of green jobs. Please consult our call for contributions .
The WAPES team and the AGUIPE/AASEP organizing committee
December 18, 2023
- Climate Challenges and Decent Work – International Labour Organization
- To be completed according to contributions
December 19, 2023
Emerging sectors, new occupations and sectoral transformations: Levers for professional integration and action in the informal sector.
PES action for the development of green jobs: State of play and perspectives – Review of the N’Djamena recommendations
What policies, partnerships and governance for territorial coordination of actors for the development of a green and inclusive economy?
December 20, 2023
Pilot projects and programmes: Trials to contribute to the Green Jobs Development and Promotion Programme initiated by the Africa region (AASEP 2023 Strategic Orientation).